Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|metadata.revistascielo.dc.title:||PHYSICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF THE SANTA CRUZ STREAM WATERSHED AND CONFLICTING LAND USE IN THE AREAS OF PERMANENT PRESERVATION|
|metadata.revistascielo.dc.creator:||Pinto, Lilian Vilela Andrade|
Botelho, Soraya Alvarenga
Davide, Antonio Claudio
|metadata.revistascielo.dc.subject:||watershed, geoinformation processing, areas of permanent preservation, conflicting land use|
|metadata.revistascielo.dc.description:||The objectives of this study were: (a) to accomplish the physical characterization of the Santa Cruz Stream watershed, and b) to analyze the accomplishment of the environmental legislation in the areas of permanent preservation of the streamlets, springs and hillsides. Topographic maps, satellite data, aerial vertical photos and field surveys were used. The gathered data were processed in a GIS using SPRING. The data base was composed by thematic maps of the drainage network, slope, soil, native forest, land use, areas of permanent preservation (APPs) and of conflicting land use. About 50% of the watershed area presented slope above 12%. The predominant types of soil in the watershed were Latosol. Pasture was the predominant land use (62,41%), representing 84.57% of the conflicting use occurring in the watershed. The total area under conflicting use in the watershed was 11.04%. The total area of permanent preservation (17.5%) together with the 20% of the area of legal reserve totalized 37.5%. Yet, the native vegetation occupied only 25.74% of the watershed, demanding reforestation of 11.75% of the area.|
|Appears in Collections:||CERNE|
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.