Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Validation of prediction equations to estimate the energy values of feedstuffs for broilers: performance and carcass yield
Keywords: Broiler
Energy value
Issue Date: 2013
Publisher: Asian-Australasian Association of Animal Production Societies (AAAP)
Citation: ALVARENGA, R. R. et al. Validation of prediction equations to estimate the energy values of feedstuffs for broilers: performance and carcass yield. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, [S.l.], v. 26, n. 10, p. 1474-1483, 2013. DOI: 10.5713/ajas.2013.13136.
Abstract: The objective was to evaluate the use of prediction equations based on the chemical composition of feedstuffs to estimate the values of apparent metabolisable energy corrected for nitrogen balance (AMEn) of corn and soybean meal for broilers. For performance and carcass characteristics, 1,200 one-d-old birds (male and female) were allotted to a completely randomised factorial 2×8 (two genders and eight experimental diets) with three replicates of each sex with 25 birds. In the metabolism trial, 240 eight-d-old birds were distributed in the same design, but with a split plot in time (age of evaluation) with five, four and three birds per plot, respectively, in stages 8 to 21, 22 to 35, and 36 to 42 d of age. The treatments consisted of the use of six equations systems to predict the AMEn content of feedstuffs, tables of food composition and AMEn values obtained by in vivo assay, totalling eight treatments. Means were compared by Scott-Knott test at 5% probability and a confidence interval of 95% was used to check the fit of the energy values of the diets to the requirements of the birds. As a result of this study, the use of prediction equations resulted in better adjustment to the broiler requirements, resulting in better performance and carcass characteristics compared to the use of tables, however, the use of energy values of feedstuffs obtained by in vivo assay is still the most effective. The best equations were: AMEn = 4,021.8–227.55 Ash (for corn) combined with AMEn = −822.33+69.54 CP-45.26 ADF+90.81 EE (for soybean meal); AMEn = 36.21 CP+85.44 EE+37.26 NFE (nitrogen-free extract) (for corn) combined with AMEn = 37.5 CP+46.39 EE+14.9 NFE (for soybean); and AMEn = 4,164.187+51.006 EE-197.663 Ash-35.689 CF-20.593 NDF (for corn and soybean meal).
Appears in Collections:DZO - Artigos publicados em periódicos

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.